1/2 Photos of Dirt Trifle With Gummy Worms
Chef Shelby's Note:
I make trifles all the time for large gatherings like my DD soccer team parties. The kids (and adults)always gobble it down. There's so many variations but this is a fun way to welcome in the Spring season or for an April's Fool Dessert.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package duncan hines moist deluxe devil's food cake mix (Bake according to package directions)
- 3 eggs (or whatever the package calls for)
- 1/3 cup oil (or whatever the package calls for)
- 1/3 cup water (or whatever the package calls for)
- 4 (3 1/8 ounce) packages instant chocolate pudding mix
- 8 cups milk (for pudding)
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip (defrosted)
- 1 (8 ounce) package gummy worms (for topping)
- 1Bake cake mix according to directions on box for 9x13 pan and cool.
- 2I use a huge bowl so I do 2 sets of layers.
- 3Layer 1 Once the cake is cooled cut into squares (makes it easier to crumble) and start to crumble it for you first layer. Note: Only for this first layer of cake, press into the bottom of the bowl.
- 4Layer 2 Mix chocolate pudding according to package directions (don't let it set because it can just be poured over the cake layer easier).
- 5Layer 3 Cool Whip (spread on with spatula to cover pudding).
- 6Repeat layer process one more time. Then top it with an extra layer of dirt( crumbled cake) for the gummy worms to sit on.
- 7Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 8Top with Gummy Worms just before serving.
- 9You can also make these in little individual cups for a kid party. Just do 1 layer of each and 1 extra layer of dirt (cake) Top with 1 or 2 gummy worms.
- 10Note: Prep and Cooking Time do not include cooling time for cake or setting time in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dirt Trifle With Gummy Worms
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 666.8
- Calories from Fat 270
- Total Fat 30.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.7 g
- Cholesterol 69.2 mg
- Sodium 893.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 56.4 g
- Protein 10.6 g