This tastes sooo good! It's very easy to make and also kid friendly. Try using different flavored puddings. Yummy! I also like to do more layers, just makes it more interesting. Use different types of oreos as well.
- Break up cookies, put 1/2 on bottom of preferred dish and save other 1/2 for topping.
- Mix pudding and milk together, set aside.
- Mix sugar, cream cheese and butter.
- Add sugar mixture to pudding; fold in cool whip.
- Pour onto cookies, top with remaining cokies.
- I like to let it cool for atleast a half hour if I have time.
- Let's it all meld together and it tastes better cool.
I made this without the powdered sugar and butter because I didn't have them on hand, and this turned out SO good. It takes a bit of time to make, but it is well worth it. I used a mini food chopper to crush the oreos and it was very quick and much easier than crushing them by hand! Thanks for the recipe.
I make this without the butter and powdered sugar and it turns out great too! If you buy an inexpensive clay flower pot and some fake flowers you can make this look like your serving real dirt ;-) Add a cute gummy worm for added fun.
I make this with chocolate pudding, and omit butter/margarine for a healthier version.
Layering the pudding first, then the cream cheese (light)/cool whip (light) mixture, topping with Oreos. It does taste better once refrigerated for 2 hrs or so to meld the flavors, but sometimes we can't help ourselves and eat right away! Don't forget the gummy worms!