Recipe by Karen=^..^=
This is the ultimate hit with kids of all ages. My nephew once thought this was a real plant on the picnic table and could not believe it when people started eating it! It is really cute for kid's parties or picnics/potlucks. I usually don't make it in a flowerpot, mostly I use a wooden bowl, which works fine also. Not only does it look great, but it tastes awesome too! (Chill time is not included)
Top Review by Sugar Fairy
I made these for my son's 2nd birthday, and I'm so glad I did. I processed vanilla oreos in the food processor for the "sand", and the combination of this pudding and the cookies is amazing. I made plenty for the kids but made sure I also had enough for the adults, and it was gobbled up faster than the kid's ate their's! I will be making this again for sure. Thank you!
- 1 (16 ounce) package cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies (Oreo or Hydrox)
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding
- 3 1⁄2 cups cold milk
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- gummy worms (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Crush cookies until fine and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- In another bowl, combine pudding mix and milk until blended.
- Fold pudding into the cream cheese mixture.
- Fold whipped topping into that.
- Line flowerpot with foil or plastic wrap or just use a medium size bowl.
- Alternate layers of pudding mixture and cookie crumbs, ending up with the cookie crumbs on the top (looking like dirt:) Chill several hours or overnight.
- Decorate with silk flowers or plant and stick some gummy worms in the dirt!