This is the ultimate hit with kids of all ages. My nephew once thought this was a real plant on the picnic table and could not believe it when people started eating it! It is really cute for kid's parties or picnics/potlucks. I usually don't make it in a flowerpot, mostly I use a wooden bowl, which works fine also. Not only does it look great, but it tastes awesome too! (Chill time is not included)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) package cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies (Oreo or Hydrox)
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding
- 3 1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- gummy worms (optional)
- 1Crush cookies until fine and set aside.
- 2In a large bowl, beat butter, cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- 3In another bowl, combine pudding mix and milk until blended.
- 4Fold pudding into the cream cheese mixture.
- 5Fold whipped topping into that.
- 6Line flowerpot with foil or plastic wrap or just use a medium size bowl.
- 7Alternate layers of pudding mixture and cookie crumbs, ending up with the cookie crumbs on the top (looking like dirt:) Chill several hours or overnight.
- 8Decorate with silk flowers or plant and stick some gummy worms in the dirt!
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dirt in a Flowerpot
Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 941.9
- Calories from Fat 412
- Total Fat 45.8 g
- Saturated Fat 22.2 g
- Cholesterol 40.9 mg
- Sodium 1019.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 127.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 85.0 g
- Protein 11.1 g