Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A cookie version of Dirt Cake! Cook time includes chill time.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, tightly packed
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate sandwich style cookies, crushed
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream the white sugar, brown sugar, and the butter together until smooth. Stir in the eggs and vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture, and stir until just combined. Stir the crushed cookies into the dough.
- Cover, and chill the dough for 1/2 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
- Drop dough by rounded spoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 10 to 11 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove to cool on wire racks.