Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a joke, a bit of whimsy to lighten up your next party. The cake is really a quick mix dessert made with Oreo cookies and soft squishy stuff. The trick is to capture everyone's attention with an announcement of some sort, and as you are speaking, trowel out some of the dirt from the flower pot around the flowers and eat it. May be followed by a worm dug out of the "dirt".
- You may substitute vanilla pudding for the chocolate if you want, and use up to 20 oz of Oreos.
- Please use a clean new plastic flower pot or take the precaution of lining a clay pot with foil and wrap the stems of live flowers if you use them in order to prevent any toxins from entering the dessert.
- Crush the cookies until they resemble potting soil.
- Set aside.
- Cream the butter or margarine, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth and fluffy.
- Set aside.
- Combine the pudding mix and milk until well blended.
- Then fold in the whipped topping.
- Gently fold the cream cheese and pudding mixtures together.
- To put the "cake" together, layer one-third of the cookie crumbs followed by 1/2 of the pudding mixture, 1/3 of the crumbs, the rest of the pudding mixture and topping with the balance of the crumbs.
- Refrigerate 10-12 hours before serving.
- Remove from refrigerator, decorate with flowers.
- Serve by digging out portions with the trowel.