Recipe by Anita Bautsch
Dirt Cake II
Top Review by Kim Dever Thibodeaux
The cream cheese, pudding, and whipped topping mixture create a mousse-like filling that is good enough to eat alone! I actually use this to create a trifle, layering chunks of devil's food cake and pudding mixture, then topping the last layer of pudding mixture with the crushed cookies. Maybe I'll submit my version of this dessert when I have time. :o)
- 1 (350 g) bag Oreo cookies
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 (102 g) boxes instant vanilla pudding (4 serving size)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 8 inches flower pot
- artificial flower (if you desire)
Directions See How It's Made
- Crush the Oreo cookies in a blender or food processor; set aside.
- Cream together butter or margarine and cream cheese.
- In a large bowl, mix 2 large boxes of vanilla instant pudding (add amount of milk according to package of pudding).
- Add cream cheese mixture and 8 ounces of Cool Whip.
- Beat together until mixed.
- In an 8 inch flower pot, layer the cookie mixture, the pudding mixture, the cookie mixture, and so on.
- End up with the cookie mixture (this looks like dirt).
- Add an artificial flower on top.