Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
My mother in law gave me this one. It was a hit at Chirstmas. It's a great presentation piece. It is rich and creamy.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages vanilla instant pudding mix
- 3 1⁄2 cups milk
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 (2 lb) package Oreo cookies, crushed
- Cream butter, cream cheese and powdered sugar.
- In a separate bowl mix pudding mixes with milk.
- Add to butter/cheese/sugar mixture.
- Add cool whip.
- Cover bottom of dish with a thin layer of crushed cookies.
- Add batter.
- Place a thin layer cookies on top.
- Add more batter.
- Continue until you run out of batter. Top with cookies.
- Be sure top layer of cookies completely covers all batter.
- Be sure you have cookies for the top.
- Chill for a few hours until set.
- For presentation: This is very effective of being “Dirt” when put in a food friendly flowerpot or dish that resembles such.
- Stick artificial flowers or grass, etc. to finish effect.
- You can use fat free cream cheese, sugar free pudding (1 oz size), reduced fat cookies, reduced fat or fat free milk, and fat free cool whip too and you won't know the difference.
- Crushing the cookies in the food processor works really well. Just don't grind them into dust and you have and easy job.
This was SO good! My whole family loved this. It IS very rich, and creamy, and sweet. I just made this for my family, no occasion, to try it out. It was a bit difficult to serve, so I think next time when it comes time to serve, I'm going to stir it all together. I creamed everything in my Kitchen Aid, then added the rest of the ingredients,and it was super easy. I made a double batch, and it filled a 9x13 casserole, a 2 qt. casserole, and two breakfast bowls! What a nice dessert! Thanks Jane Burch!