Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This dip can also be made without hot sausage. If you are serving to kids, use regular sausage.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb sausage (Hot or Med Hot)
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese
- taco chips or potato chips or cracker, for dipping
- Combine ground beef and sausage in a 10-inch skillet; brown and crumble meat.
- Drain of excess grease.
- Put ground beef and sausage into a crockpot and add cheese.
- Put on low setting and let cheese melt through the meat, approximately 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- If thinner dip is desired, add one tablespoon hot water.
I love this dip. I added some picante sauce to give it a little bit more kick. Add some refried beans and it makes a great burrito filling.