Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I could eat an entire loaf of bread dipped in this tasty oil!! This is a versatile recipe, adjust the herbs and spices to your taste. This can be kept in the fridge for up to a month, bring it to room temperature and stir it before serving.
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 -5 cloves garlic, minced
- crusty bread
- In a jar with a lid, combine oil, vinegar, cheese, basil, salt, pepper and garlic; stir, or cover and shake to blend ingredients.
- Pour into small, shallow bowls or rimmed plates.
- Slice or tear bread into pieces and dip into oil to eat.
Not very appealing to the eye. Tasted much to strong of the balsamic vinegar as the recipe is. I will not make it again.
First time making dipping oil, yummy!! The only modification I made is that I used Tarragon vinegar instead of balsamic, I was out.
followed the recipe exactly and this was great!! the vinegar gives it just the right amount of zing. even the kids loved it. served with ciabatta bread. update: made this again with 1/2 t crushed red pepper flakes, we really love this.