Recipe by Young Living in Texas
Yummy cookie treat!
Top Review by Junebug
These cookies taste delicious and make a very attractive dessert plate. They are easy to assemble, but take a bit longer than your average cookie to make. But the outcome is worth it. Thanks for sharing your recipe with us Peggy from Texas.
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon almond extract or 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup toffee pieces
- 1 cup pecans, ground in small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream powdered sugar, butter and extract till fluffed.
- Mix in salt, flour, pecans, toffee.
- Make 1 inch balls shaped into crescents.
- Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325° for 15 to 20 minutes or until bottom of cookie is light brown.
- Cool completely.
- DIPPING: Microwave chocolate chips and shortening, about 1 minute.
- Stir until smooth texture.
- Dip half of cookie in the chocolate.
- Place on waxed paper until set.