Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Quick Cooking Magazine. When I saw this recipe I knew I needed to give it a try. We always have these ingredients on hand and I knew my toddlers would think it was fun to have sprinkles on their ice cream sandwiches! These were yummy and a big hit!
- 6 (1 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, chopped
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 4 ice cream sandwiches
- colorful candy sprinkles
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper; set aside.
- In a microwave or heavy saucepan, melt the chocolate and shortening together and stir until smooth.
- Quickly dip the ice cream sandwiches halfway lengthwise in melted chocolate; coat chocolate with sprinkles.
- Place on prepared baking sheet and freeze.
Incredibly easy and fun idea! I found it much easier to sprinkle the well, sprinkles on instead of dipping them... otherwise they tend to get rather gooey from the chocolate. It is amazing how this simple treat seemed SOOOO special to everyone when presented as a surprise dessert! Thanks for a fun recipe that I'm sure to use again and again!
Such a simple way to make an ordinary ice cream treat special. I prepared these for some students in summer classes. Everyone loved them.