I have made thease for the last 15 years and have to hide them on my husband every time I make them, because he would eat the whole thing in a sitting
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a mixing bowl, combine sugar and oil; mix well.
- 2Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in molasses.
- 3Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 4Shape into ¾-in. balls and roll in sugar. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 5Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes or until cookies spring back when touched lightly. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 6Melt chips with shortening in a small saucepan over low heat. Dip the cookies half way; shake off excess. Place on waxed paper- lined baking sheets to hard.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dipped Gingersnaps
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 492.4
- Calories from Fat 229
- Total Fat 25.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 21.5 mg
- Sodium 341.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 45.7 g
- Protein 4.3 g