These come from Taste of Home magazine. They are deliciously soft and yummy! The white chocolate makes them extra special.
- In a medium bowl, mix the 2 cups of sugar and oil. Add the eggs one at a time mixing after each. Stir in the molasses.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, and salt. Slowly add t the wet mixture and stir well.
- Shape the dough into 3/4 inch balls and roll them in the 1/2 cup of sugar. Place the balls 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes, or until the cookie springs back when lightly touched.
- Cool completely on wire racks.
- Melt the white chocolate chips with the shortening in a small pan over low heat. Dip half of each cookie into the mixture, shaking off the extra drops.
- Place on waxed paper to harden.