Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I received this as part of a Christmas Bake Exchange. These look so pretty on a cookie platter.
- 3⁄4 cup margarine (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 additional cup sugar
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons margarine
- Cream sugar and margarine together.
- Add egg and molasses and mix well.
- Add all dry ingredients and mix.
- Roll into 1 inch balls, and then roll into sugar to coat.
- Bake 8-10 minutes at 350°F.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Melt chips with margarine in small saucepan over low heat.
- Dip cookies halfway; shake off excess.
- Place on waxed paper lined baking sheets to harden.
This a stand-by in my Christmas cookie recipes. I normally don't like the crispiness of gingersnaps, and the dough can be hard to work with. This is completely different. The flavor is spicy, and the cookie is soft. I don't even dip these.
Yummy! The cookies are great by themselves and the chocolate puts them over the top. Thanks for posting!! Made for the I Recommend Tag game.