Prep 1 hr
Cook 25 mins
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened (no substitutes!)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Stir in coconut.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- On a floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4" thickness.
- Cut with a 2 1/2" round cookie cutter.
- Place 2" apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- Cool on wire racks.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate chips and shortening.
- Remove from heat; dip cookies halfway into chocolate.
- Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets until set.