Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This yummy recipe was submitted by Senator Christopher Bond to a community cookbook. I used 1 cup of chips in the cookies and 2 cups melted. It helps to have a knife handy to help spread the chocolate on the cookie.
- 4 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°. Set aside 1 1/2 cups of the chocolate chips.
- Cream the sugars, butter, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add the baking soda, salt, and flour gradually, mixing well until smooth. Add remaining chocolate chips and pecans.
- Drop rounded teaspoonfuls of dough about 3 inches apart on a cookie sheet, flattening each with the palm of your hand.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until done. Remove from sheets and cool on rack.
- Melt reserved chocolate chips. Dip half of each cooled cookie in chocolate. Place dipped cookies on wax paper lined cookie sheet and cool in the refrigerator until chocolate hardens.
I loved it just needed more chocolate for dipping, as I ran out. Would recommend having 1 cup extra in case you run out. Have a lovely day!!