Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1 lb bread
- 1 cup raisins
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 24 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons brandy or 2 tablespoons Kahlua
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- In a food processor finely hop the bread and place in a large bowl.
- Mix the remaining ingredients.
- Stir well to dissolve the sugar.
- Place the mixture in a caramel covered mold.
- Cook in oven at 375°F for 1 hour.
- Add a few drops of water to the sugar and dissolve until it turns light brown.