Recipe by Foxxyladyone
A spring cookie recipe perfect for the graduate. Surprise them with diploma cookies containing fortunes
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice or 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup land o lakes butter, melted
- 1 lb vanilla candy coating
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F Lightly spray cookie sheets with no-stick cooking spray. Generously butter handle of wooden spoon. Set aside.
- Combine egg whites and lime juice in large bowl. Beat at high speed until foamy. Continue beating, gradually adding sugar, until glossy and stiff peaks form. Gently stir in flour and butter.
- Spoon 2 teaspoon batter onto prepared cookie sheet; evenly spread batter to 3-inch circle. Repeat with remaining batter, placing only 3 cookies on each cookie sheet. (Do not reuse cookie sheets without first washing and reapplying no stick cooking spray.).
- Bake for 5 to 8 minutes or until edges just begin to brown. Immediately shape cookies by wrapping around buttered handle of wooden spoon. Gently remove from cookie sheet; cool completely.
- Melt candy coating in 1-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally, until melted (3 to 4 minutes). Carefully dip each end of cookie in coating. Gently shake cookie to remove excess coating. (Cookies are very fragile.) Place on waxed paper until coating is set (15 minutes). Repeat with remaining cookies and coating.
- Insert 1 fortune inside each cookie. Tie ribbons in school colors around center of each cookie.
- Recipe Tip
- If using dark cookie sheet, line with aluminum foil; spray with no-stick cooking spray.
- Recipe Tip.
- When cookies are baked, immediately loosen them from the cookie sheet with a thin metal spatula. Working quickly, place buttered handle of wooden spoon on one side of cookie; carefully roll up. Keep bowl of spoon over edge of counter to make rolling easier. Slide cookie off spoon handle onto cooling rack. If cookies harden before rolling them, put cookies back into the oven until they soften (about 1 minute.