Prep 3 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This unusual salad was created for RSC #7. It has an interesting refreshing taste. Hope you enjoy it.
- 473.18 ml strawberries, washed, hulled and halved
- 1 large cantaloupe, balled
- 1 large honeydew melon, balled
- 22.18 ml white sugar
- 1 lime, juice of
- 591.47 ml Greek yogurt
- 59.14 ml whipping cream
- 59.14 ml white sugar (to taste)
- 29.58 ml orange juice
- 2.46 ml orange rind
- 59.14 ml dates, finely chopped
- 28.39 ml pistachios
- In a large bowl combine strawberry halves, balled cantaloupes and honey dew melon. Add white sugar and lime juice and toss. Blend well, cover and leave on counter, at room temperature for 1/2 hour. Refridgerate until ready to serve.
- In a small bowl mix yogurt, whipping cream and white sugar, orange juice, orange rind, and the finely chopped dates. Blend well and taste. Adjust sugar and orange juice if necessary and chill for 3 hours.
- Serve in individual dishes, pour the dip over the top of fruit salad, sprinkle with pistachio nuts and enjoy.
Very nice topping for a fruit salad - ANY fruit salad. I did make a small change in deciding to forego the whipping cream - just didn't feel it was necessary as I liked the flavour of the fruit dip before its addition. Bright, fresh, tangy, with a delicate hint of orange. The dates and pistachios provided textural and taste interest and I will definitely be making this again to serve on a variety of fruit. Thank you!
This recipe is right up my alley! It has CG written all over it! I used all three of the fruits listed and made as directed. The only deviation was replacing some of the fresh orange juice with orange blossom water (about 1/2 teaspoon). Garnished with some orange zest, too. Perfect in my book! THANKS for posting!
OUTSTANDING FRUIT SALAD, & when making it, I was very generous with both the dates & the nuts, while keeping everything else as written! The combo of fruits & your fruit dip really makes this something very special, & it's definitely a keeper of a recipe! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Stars tag]