Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
More dips from my kitchen to yours!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons sweet onions, finely chopped
- 175 ml sour cream
- 175 ml light sour cream
- 3 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- Melt butter in a sauce pan.
- Cook the onions until transparent.
- Add paprika, and then the sour cream, regular and light.
- Warm the sauce through, and taste with tomato pure, salt, pepper and the optional sugar.
What a great suprise this sauce was! Delicious with a hint of onion. The directions called for paprika but I didn't see a measurement so I used maybe 2 or more tsps. I also used only half of the sour cream (my mistake because I misread it, then realized only after I started makng this) which mabe was a lucky thing because the onion flavor stood out nicely, but didn't overwhelm. I think this would be good with a shot of cayenne also. So many uses - it would be great on potatoes, scallops, maybe roasted veggies, any dish that needed a little something or was a bit dry. What a great recipe, Scandigirl!