Recipe by hollyberry117
Something different to do with cube steaks. I'm not a big fan of cube steaks, but these really are very good and great if you are on a budget! If you are feeling really naughty, melt a slice of Swiss cheese on top.
- 1 lb beef cube steak
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt, per 1 cup instant beef bouillon
- 1 sliced fresh French bread
- garlic salt, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Then gently, place all the steaks in the skillet in a single layer.
- Cook until the cubed steaks are golden brown, aprroximately three minutes each side. Season with salt and pepper.
- When the cubed steaks are done, transfer them to the work surface.
- For the gravy, drain the fat from the skillet. Pour water in the skillet and instant beef bouillon.
- Set the oven at 550 degrees Fahrenheit or at broil mode. Place buttered French bread or hamburger bun halves on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle some garlic salt into the bread. Place the sheet into the broiler rack for about 4 inches from the heat.
- Toast the bread until crispy and golden brown.
- Sandwich the steaks over two toasted bread slices; cut in half.
- Pour the gravy in small bowls.
- The best part, each person can dunk the crispy cubed steak sandwich in the gravy.