From "Delicious Dips" by Diane Morgan.
Make and share this Dip Into India recipe from Food.com.
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into florets and halved (about 1 1/2 lbs)
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup Italian parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- fresh ground black pepper
- Fill a 4-quart saucepan with 2 inches of water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add the cauliflower and 1/4 tsp of the salt.
- Partially cover the pan, adjust the heat so the water simmers, and cook the cauliflower until tender when pierced with a fork, about 10 minutes.
- Drain completely and transfer to a bowl.
- In a small saute pan over medium heat, warm the olive oil and swirl to coat the pan.
- Add the onion and saute until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the curry powder, remaining 1 1/2 tsp of salt, and the sugar.
- Stir constantly until the curry is fragrant, 1-2 minutes longer.
- Remove from the heat.
- Use a fork to mash the cauliflower into very small pieces.
- Add the onion mixture and stir to combine.
- Using a rubber spatula, stir in the yogurt, sour cream, parsley, nutmeg, cayenne and a few grinds of pepper.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve immediately.