1/2 Photos of Dip Into India
From "Delicious Dips" by Diane Morgan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into florets and halved (about 1 1/2 lbs)
- 1 3/4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup Italian parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1Fill a 4-quart saucepan with 2 inches of water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- 2Add the cauliflower and 1/4 tsp of the salt.
- 3Partially cover the pan, adjust the heat so the water simmers, and cook the cauliflower until tender when pierced with a fork, about 10 minutes.
- 4Drain completely and transfer to a bowl.
- 5In a small saute pan over medium heat, warm the olive oil and swirl to coat the pan.
- 6Add the onion and saute until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- 7Add the curry powder, remaining 1 1/2 tsp of salt, and the sugar.
- 8Stir constantly until the curry is fragrant, 1-2 minutes longer.
- 9Remove from the heat.
- 10Use a fork to mash the cauliflower into very small pieces.
- 11Add the onion mixture and stir to combine.
- 12Using a rubber spatula, stir in the yogurt, sour cream, parsley, nutmeg, cayenne and a few grinds of pepper.
- 13Taste and adjust the seasonings.
- 14Transfer to a serving bowl and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dip Into India
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 108.2
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 10.2 mg
- Sodium 567.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 3.9 g