Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Love garlic? This is the dip for you! Just don't expect anyone to kiss you for some time afterwards!
- 1⁄2 cup butter (1/2 cup)
- 1 head garlic, peeled and chopped (can use less or more depending on how much you like garlic!)
- 1 bunch scallion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 cups sour cream
- 8 -10 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 -10 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat melt the butter and saute garlic and scallions till soft.
- Add the cream cheese in chunks, allow to melt.
- Add the sour cream.
- Once mixture is warm slowly add the hard cheeses until all is added and melted.
- Stir to completely combine.
- Place the mixture in an oven proof bowl or casserole and cover.
- Bake at 200 degrees F for about 30 minutes.
- This is just to make sure the cheese is melted and all the flavors come through.
- Serve warm with your favorite dipping sticks (veggies, crackers, fingers).
This was a yummy dip!! It makes a ton, too. I only had about 5 oz of monterey jack, but it still was great. Thanks for posting!
Oh, how I love garlic. Let me count the ways... This was VERY yummy dip. We really enjoyed it! It makes quite a bit, which was good, as we were taking it to a party. I think it would be best (for me, anyway) with carrots, celery, and broccoli to dip in it. Mmmmmmmm! Thanks for a great recipe! :)
This is a wonderful cheese dip! I much prefer this to those processed cheese dips. It turned out nice and creamy and flavorful. I made 4 servings. I used 4 cloves of garlic and 8oz cheddar/jack. This dip is great as is but could also be easily played with for different flavors...diced green chilies...crumbled bacon...etc. I wonder if it would work in a crockpot? I might just try that one day. I enjoyed this with pita bread wedges and fresh veggies.