Prep 0 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is an adopted recipe. I will post an intro after I make it
- 1⁄3 cup flour, Sifted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup almonds, finely ground
CHOCOLATE DIPPING MIXTURE
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- chocolate or candy sprinkles
- Sift already sifted flour with salt and set aside.
- In large bowl, cream butter with electric mixer at medium speed.
- Add sugar, egg yolk, and vanilla.
- Beat until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add flour and salt mixture and almonds, mixing until well blended.
- Shape dough into two logs, each 1 1/2-inches in diameter, and wrap in wax paper.
- Refrigerate until firm, at least two hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- Using a ruler, mark each log at 1/4 inch intervals.
- With a sharp thin knife, cut into slices and put onto prepared cookie sheet, one inch apart.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from cookie sheet and cool on rack.
- Prepare chocolate mixture.
- In top of double boiler, over hot water, melt chocolate chips and butter.
- Stir in hot water.
- Lay sheet of wax paper on table.
- Dip half of each cookie into hot chocolate mixture and put on wax paper.
- If using sprinkles, dip a few cookies and then sprinkle while chocolate is still wet.
- Let dry at least one hour.