Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Place this in a throw a way bowl cause there wont be any left. No mess to clean up.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon instant minced onion
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 16 slices bacon
- tortilla chips
- Plece all ingredient (except Bacon) in crock pot and stir every 20 minute or so.
- Fry and crumble bacon.
- When smooth add crumbled bacon to cheese mixture and cook on low for 2 hours.
- Serve right out of the crock pot if desired with tortilla chips or Crusty French Bread.
VERRRRY tasty smooth the first time around; it did not reheat well for me at all -was very clumpy as leftovers. I suggest using a very small slow cooker, like a crockette. Mine started burning on the edges in the big crockpot and I followed the directions. BUT It was so yummy I will definitely make it again and serve with bread - or even perogies as suggested by another reviewer.
I made this dip to eat with tortilla chips but realized the day after that this dip went great with Perogies. Thanks for the recipe, we loved it.
Fabulous football dip! We had it with fresh baked bread & tortilla chips, I think the tortilla chips added too much of a salt flavor, but with the bread it was delicious! One thing about this dip is that you have to keep it very hot, both while cooking and eating or else it turns into a paste like substance.