From The Chew. Posted for safe keeping. Prep time does not include time marinating in the refrigerator.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 chicken wings
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup blue cheese (crumbled)
- 1 cup flour (sifted,not in bag)
- 1/2 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon roasted garlic and herb seasoning (ie -- Mrs. Dash)
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup hot sauce
- 1/16 cup butter
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1Combine blue cheese and buttermilk in a blender.
- 2Marinate chicken wings in the buttermilk and blue cheese batter for a few hours in the refrigerator.
- 3Combine dry seasonings.
- 4Drain chicken and lay flat on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle seasoning over the chicken on both sides, then sift the flour over the chicken until lightly coated on both sides.
- 5Heat oil in a skillet (enough to cover wings) and fry wings until crispy and golden, then remove and drain.
- 6Melt butter in a sauce pan, then add hot sauce and stir.
- 7Place wings in baking dish, pour sauce over wings to coat, cover with foil and place in the oven for about 10 minutes at 350ºF.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dionne Lewis' Blue Cheese Buffalo Wings
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.5
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 46.8 mg
- Sodium 762.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 12.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
garlic and herb seasoning