Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is an almond bark candy children will really get a kick out of! Adapted from BH&G magazine.
- 1 lb almond bark (or vanilla flavor candy coating)
- 1⁄4 cup crushed green fruit flavored hard candies (Jolly Ranchers are good)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped mixed nuts
- LIne a baking sheet with foil; set aside.
- Heat the almond bark in a heavy medium saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until candy is melted and smooth. Remove from pan.
- Pour mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Spread to a rectangle about 10" long and 8" wide. Sprinkle with the crushed candies and nuts. Gently press candy and nuts into the mixture. Chill candy 30 minutes or until firm. Use foil to lift firm candy from the pan; carefully break candy into pointed pieces. Store, tightly covered, up to 2 weeks.
- Makes 18 ounces(16 servings).
It can not get any easier. The kids helped make these.We used Jolly Ranchers as suggested. We had a little, the rest is in the fridge. The mixednuts I used, cashews, and almonds give this a great taste. A KEEPER !