Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
When my kids were little I used to always try to make something "out of the ordinary" to keep them on their toes. I have no idea where this "brain child" came from but it was always fun to do and to eat. I couldnt post the original recipe the way it is written so the (CAPITALIZED INGREDIENTS) are the original.
- 1 beef bone, and any cooked beef (DINOSAUR BONE, EITHER STEGOSAURUS OR BRONTOSAURUS)
- 4 potatoes (CUT UP ROCKS)
- 4 carrots (CUT UP ROOTS)
- 1 onion, chopped (FERN BULB)
- 3 -4 stalks celery, chopped (1 BUNCH OF LEAVES AND STEMS)
- 46 ounces tomato juice (DRAGONFLY JUICE)
- 2 teaspoons bouillon (GROUND BONES)
- 7 ounces shell macaroni (1 FOOTPRINT OF SHELLS)
- 1 cup corn (1 MOUTHFUL OF BABY DINO TEETH)
- 4 cups water (SWAMP WATER)
- 1 teaspoon salt (CLEAN SAND)
- 1 teaspoon pepper (GROUND DIRT)
- 1 teaspoon oregano (GROUND BARK)
- 1 teaspoon basil (GROUND GRASS)
- 1 teaspoon garlic (FINE GRAVELY ROCKS)
- parsley (MIXED WEEDS)
- In a large pot add juice, bone, celery, onion and all spices and 4 cups water.
- Cover and simmer 2 hours.
- Remove bone and cut off any meat.
- Strain broth and skim off any fat.
- Discard celery leaves if desired.
- Add in all meat, potatoes and carrots.
- Cover and simmer 45 minutes, if needed add more water.
- Add in shells and cook about 15 minutes more until macaroni is tender.
- Serve immediately.
- Great with a nice bread and a salad, the kids love this because of the name and the ingredients.
Adorable!! What a great idea. This is a big hit with my little dinosaur-crazy child.
Lots of fun to make. Any recipe that convinces kids to eat soup is great!
Right on, Laurie! Can't wait to share with my grandchildren, especially the boys!