Recipe by Chef Chöich
I was looking around for an appetizer I could make on the grill and came across something similar on BBQ Galore's website. I adapted it to my liking and these are always a big hit and always disappear as quickly as they were made.
- 396.89 g package maple bacon
- 24 fresh jalapeno peppers (medium sized)
- 226.79 g container cream cheese (softened)
- 1 boneless chicken breast
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate thawed chicken breast if so desired and grill.
- Cut jalapenos in half and de-seed and de-vein.
- Chop chicken breast into small pieces that would fit into half of the jalapenos.
- Stuff one half of jalapeno with piece of chicken and other half with cream cheese. (You can season cream cheese to liking).
- Cut maple bacon in half or bacon of choice in half.
- Wrap stuffed jalapenos with 1/2 length piece of bacon (should just overlap).
- Put jalapenos on skewers and once skewer is full put in skewer frame.
- Place on top grill surface and grill until edges of bacon start turning black and bacon shrinks to hold peppers together. (grill will start smoking quite a bit from bacon grease). Be careful when opening the grill top and cut the gas/propane and wait for the flames to die down.
- Remove completed Dino eggs from grill and then from skewers onto serving platter and enjoy.