Recipe by Tom Lambie
A solid staple which we serve at our annual High School Musical Dinner Theater. It is a wonderful meatloaf with a smoky flavor. I am sure you will enjoy it.
- 5 lbs ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 cups cracker crumbs
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 3 medium onions, chopped fine
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 1⁄4 cups ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup prepared mustard
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 8 slices smoked bacon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine ground beef, crackers, rolled oats, salt, pepper, eggs,onion and tomato sauce.
- Mix together until forms a solid ball.
- Shape into one or two loafs, using a common steam table insert.
- In another mixing bowl combine the ketchup, brown sugar, water mustard and vinegar.
- Pour sauce over meatloaf(s) and spread evenly.
- Place the bacon strips along the meatloaf(s)lenght wise.
- Bake 2 hours, basting occasionally with the sauce.
- Place on serving line and slice as need for each order.