2 hrs 30 mins
Whenever we get close to the end of a paycheck our meals become more cheap and oft times more original because we have to use whatever we have on hand. We made this up last night and I will certainly be making it a part of our regular menu. I served it with gravy and had steamed zucchini and yellow squash on the side. The dough I chose was a harder, crusty type of bread. The type that keeps all the filling inside. I don't know how different kinds of dough will turn out with this. You can also use different fillings. I added corn to a couple of mine and it was delicious. I really want to try replacing the onion with lipton onion soup mix. Note: I made 6 dumplings with mine but dough can easily make 8
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups lukewarm water
- 5 teaspoons granulated yeast (2 packets)
- 5 teaspoons sea salt or 5 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 1/4 cups flour
- 1Dough: Mix yeast together with warm water.
- 2Mix in salt; add all the flour.
- 3Stir until everything is blended.
- 4Cover and let rise in a warm place 2 hours.
- 5Filling: Brown hamburger in skillet. Drain and set aside.
- 6Chop potatoes and onions into small pieces.
- 7Fry onion and potatoes with season salts with oil in skillet.
- 8Once the oil starts to burn off add hamburger and cook until done.
- 9Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 10After the dough has risen, divide it into half, then half again. If those are still too big, divide them down further.
- 11Stretch a section of dough out about the size of a hand. Be careful not to rip it.
- 12Place a few small scoops of hamburger/potato/onion mix in the middle.
- 13Place a piece of cheese on top.
- 14Fold up the edges of the dough until pinched shut on top.
- 15Grease pan and bake for about 30 minutes or until dough turns golden brown.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dinner Stuffed Bread Buns
Serving Size: 1 (342 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 514.6
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 50.7 mg
- Sodium 2001.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 26.9 g