Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a recipe that came in the Bread Factory Book with my bread maker. The rolls are yummy and melt in your mouth.
- 1 egg, plus
- water, to measure 3/4 cup
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- Place all ingredients in bread machine in order listed.
- Use BASIC DOUGH setting.
- When setting is complete, remove dough from inner pot and place onm a lightly floured surface.
- Divide dough into 12 equal pieces.
- Shape into balls.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- Place on a baking sheet and let stand for 30 minutes, or until double in size.
- Bake in preheated 350 F oven for 20- 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
The flavorof the rolls is nice and buttery but I had problems with it rising and felt it a little on the greasy side for a roll. I also had to add more flour in order to be able to work with it and roll into shape. Even with that it didn't hold shape enough to warrant a photo. I would make this again but increase the yeast and decrease the amount of butter. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for Healthy Choices Tag Game.
These rolls are excellent! I will definately make them again, but next time, I'm going to have to double the recipe. Made for PAC Spring 2008.
These were so good! Nice and fluffy! Great buttery taste. I am definately making these again and again. Thanks! Made for PAC Spring 2008.