Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a good way to use up leftover stew or Thanks Giving turkey and gravy. The filling just needs to be stew like. You can mix shredded turkey, gravy and leftover veggies to do this. Just don't make it too runny.
- 1 -2 cup Chicken In A Biscuit crackers, crushed or 1 -2 cup leftover prepared stuffing
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 pastry crust or 1 phyllo dough, to top a pie
- 4 cups chicken stew (leftovers are fine) or 4 cups turkey stew (leftovers are fine)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix cracker crumbs and butter.
- Pat mixture into bottom of a pie pan.
- Blind Bake for 5-10 min to solidify (this is also a good idea if you are using stuffing instead). Pour stew into pan.
- Cover with pie crust and cut a slit in the middle.
- Bake until crust is browned.
I saw this recipe and it looked so easy to use up my leftover turkey from Thanksgiving and WOW delicious! I am making it again tomorrow. I love it and so does my family. I used the crackers and since I din't have stew I used turkey gravy and some frozen vegetables. Just wonderful!! Thank you Angela G ; )