Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 1 (10 ounce) jarshucked oysters, drained
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- white pepper, a dash
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup bean sprouts
- 1⁄4 cup shredded carrot
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chinese chives (or regular)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Bring a small saucepan filled with water to a simmer over med-high heat; add in the oysters and blanch for 1 minute; drain.
- Pat oysters dry with paper towels; cut them into bite-sized pieces.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs until blended; add in the cornstarch, salt, and pepper; whisk lightly to blend.
- Place an 8-inch nonstick frypan over moderate heat until hot.
- Add in oil, swirling to coat the bottom of pan.
- Add in garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 10 seconds.
- Pour egg mixture into pan; sprinkle the oysters, bean sprouts, carrot, chives, and chopped cilantro evenly over the eggs.
- Cook, without stirring, until the edges begin to set, about 2 minutes, then lift with a spatula and shake or tilt the pan to let the egg flow underneath.
- Continue to cook until the egg no longer flows freely, about 2 minutes longer, then turn the omelet over and brown lightly on the other side.
- Slide the omelet onto a serving plate; garnish with cilantro sprig.