Recipe by Olha
The French created the omelet for tired working couples who have just enough energy to whip up one of the great dishes of the world.
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup boiled ham, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg whites
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt margarine in a skillet no longer than 8 inches. Saute tomato, green onion, mushrooms and ham for 5 minutes. Season with basil.
- Add salt to egg whites and beat until stiff.
- Beat egg yolks until thick and lemon colored.
- Fold egg whites and yolks together. Fold in sour cream, cheese and vegetable-ham mixture.
- Pour into lightly greased skillet. Cook over low heat for 3 to 4 minutes until omelet is lightly browned on the bottom, then run skillet under broiler.
- Cook until omelet is puffy and golden brown on top. Cut omelet in half and serve on warm plates, please. Serves 2.
- Friends & Lovers.