Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a delicious muffin recipe. My children LOVE the jam on top as an extra treat. My husband enjoys these muffins as well although he prefers to omit the jam for a nice slice of butter. They are also lovely to have for breakfast.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- jam (optional)
- Mix dry ingredients in bowl.
- Mix milk, egg and oil.
- Add all at once to dry ingredients. Stir quickly just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fill greased muffin tins 1/3 full. Place a drop of jam on top of each muffin.
- Bake at 400 for 12-15 minutes.
Nice muffins. They had more of a biscuit crumb though for me. Maybe it had a bit to do with the sour cream I had to use instead of buttermilk. Nevertheless, went well with our vegetable lasagna. :)
These are great muffins to serve with just about anything! I served them with Oven Baked Western Omelet #264368 for lunch. Thanks for sharing a keeper. Made for Pick A Chef Spring 2011.