Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
haven't tried this yet but it sounds tasty!
- 1 medium pumpkin
- 1 lb ground beef (may be sauted with onions, celery and pepper)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 ounces mushrooms (fresh or canned, sliced and drained)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Lightly grease a 10" circle in center of a baking sheet; set aside.
- Place pumpkin on a firm surface. Using a sharp knife, cut out stem end and about 3 inches around stem. Cut on a diagonal by slanting knife from outer edge of pumpkin in toward center. Reserve top. Remove seeds and pulp; discard.
- In a medium bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients. Spoon mixture into pumpkin. Replace top.
- Place pumpkin on greased baking sheet. Bake about 1 hour in preheated oven until pumpkin is tender.
- Serve cooked pumpkin along with meat filling.