1/5 Photos of Dinner in a Pumpkin
This is so yummy, I tried this at my friend's house this Halloween, well needless to say it will be a tradition at our house.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut off the top of the pumpkin and thoroughly clean out pulp and seeds.
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C) In a large skillet sauté onions in vegetable oil until tender.
- 3Add meat and brown.
- 4Drain drippings from skillet.
- 5Add soy sauce, mushrooms,brown sugar and soup.
- 6Simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 7Add cooked rice and water chestnuts.
- 8Spoon mixture into cleaned pumpkin shell.
- 9Replace pumpkin top and place entire pumpkin, with filling, on a baking sheet.
- 10Bake 1 hour or until inside meat of the pumpkin is tender.
- 11Put pumpkin on a plate.
- 12Remove pumpkin lid and serve meat.
- 13For your vegetable, scoop out pumpkin and serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dinner in a Pumpkin
Serving Size: 1 (358 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 540.8
- Calories from Fat 283
- Total Fat 31.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 108.4 mg
- Sodium 938.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 32.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: