This is so yummy, I tried this at my friend's house this Halloween, well needless to say it will be a tradition at our house.
- Cut off the top of the pumpkin and thoroughly clean out pulp and seeds.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C) In a large skillet sauté onions in vegetable oil until tender.
- Add meat and brown.
- Drain drippings from skillet.
- Add soy sauce, mushrooms,brown sugar and soup.
- Simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cooked rice and water chestnuts.
- Spoon mixture into cleaned pumpkin shell.
- Replace pumpkin top and place entire pumpkin, with filling, on a baking sheet.
- Bake 1 hour or until inside meat of the pumpkin is tender.
- Put pumpkin on a plate.
- Remove pumpkin lid and serve meat.
- For your vegetable, scoop out pumpkin and serve.