Recipe by CountryLady
Dinner in a hurry can be as simple as rolling up a tortilla filled with healthy ingredients. For a great "brown bag" lunch, roll into waxed paper and twist the ends, party-cracker style.
Top Review by Girl from India
Dear CL, I made this recipe using chapatis as Tortillas are not easily avlbl. This was the first time we have tasted avacado I bought just one for this recipe (expensive) may be I will not use it the next time. Not used to the taste I guess or maybe the quality of the fruit I bought was not good. :)I used home made sour cream (with yoghurt and cornflour) and a combo of spring onion and coriander. It was pretty good apart from the avocado. :) Fay
- 8 ounces smoked chicken or 8 ounces turkey
- 1 avocado, peeled
- 3 carrots
- 1 lime
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 6 tortillas (6")
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh coriander or 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- shredded lettuce
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice chicken into 1/4-inch (0. 5-cm) strips.
- Cut avocado into slices& carrots into thin julienned strips.
- Grate peel from lime and stir into sour cream along with hot sauce.
- To assemble, lay tortillas flat.
- Place chicken strips in a line across middle of each tortilla.
- Top with carrot and avocado.
- Dab with sour cream, scatter coriander or green onion& top with a little lettuce.
- Roll each into a cigar shape.
- If not eating right away, wrap each roll in waxed paper, twist ends& refrigerate for up to half a day.