Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
These can be assembled very quickly with ingredients from the deli--and for a fraction of the cost of ready-made. They are also portable for a brown bag lunch!
- 1 sweet red peppers or 1 yellow pepper
- 1⁄2 large English cucumber
- 1 large carrot
- 4 tortillas (10")
- 1 cup hummus
- 1 cup tabbouleh
- 1 cup grated cheese (Cheddar, Monterey Jack or Mozarella)
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- Seed and very thinly slice pepper.
- Grate cucumber and, using your hands, squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- Grate carrot.
- Lay tortillas flat on a counter.
- Thinly spread with hummus, leaving a 1/2-inch border around edges.
- Place pepper slices in a line across bottom of tortillas, leaving a 1-inch border at bottom.
- Spoon tabbouleh salad alongside peppers, then place carrots, cucumber, cheese and lettuce so they form stripes across tortilla leaving a 1-inch border at sides and a 3-inch border at top.
- Roll up tortillas tightly, jelly-roll style.
- If serving right away, slice in half diagonally.
- Or, lay each roll on a piece of waxed paper, about 12 inches long.
- Roll up and twist ends party-cracker style.
- Refrigerate for up to 1 day.
I made these and salmon roll ups for my party. They were gone in minutes! A huge success, and so easy.