Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Forget the bread & keep a stash of tortillas in the freezer! This one's easy to make (for a quick dinner) and easy to take (for a brown bag lunch).
- 1⁄2 avocado
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 large tomatoes, ripe but still firm
- 1⁄2 small red onion
- 1 cup chopped arugula or 1 cup romaine lettuce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tortilla (10")
- 1⁄4 lb smoked turkey or 1⁄4 lb chicken, thinly sliced
- 4 slices cooked bacon
- Peel avocado, cut in half and remove pit.
- Mash pulp in a small bowl with mayonnaise, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Chop tomato into 1/2" pieces& slice onion into thin strips.
- Stir tomato and onion with arugula and basil.
- Spread avocado mixture over tortillas, leaving at least a 1-inch border around edge.
- Layer turkey on top, then bacon.
- Scatter with tomato mixture.
- To wrap, fold right and left edges of tortilla over filling toward centre.
- Fold bottom edge of tortilla toward centre and gently roll until tortilla is completely wrapped and forms a roll.
- Slice in half diagonally and serve.
- Or wrap individually and refrigerate up to 3 hours.
We really enjoyed the flavor of this fast and easy roll up sandwich. The avocado, mayo, and lime mixture has the most wonderful flavor. I will use it on other sandwiches. I used romaine and smoked turkey. Be sure to use the 10 inch tortillas as directed...I used smaller ones and they did not roll up well because they were too full. This will be made often at our house...a new sandwich recipe is always welcome here!