Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Forget the bread & keep a stash of tortillas in the freezer! This one's easy to make (for a quick dinner) and easy to take (for a brown bag lunch).
- 1⁄2 avocado
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 large tomato, ripe but still firm
- 1⁄2 small red onion
- 1 cup chopped arugula or 1 cup romaine lettuce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tortilla (10")
- 1⁄4 lb smoked turkey or 1⁄4 lb chicken, thinly sliced
- 4 slices cooked bacon
- Peel avocado, cut in half and remove pit.
- Mash pulp in a small bowl with mayonnaise, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Chop tomato into 1/2" pieces& slice onion into thin strips.
- Stir tomato and onion with arugula and basil.
- Spread avocado mixture over tortillas, leaving at least a 1-inch border around edge.
- Layer turkey on top, then bacon.
- Scatter with tomato mixture.
- To wrap, fold right and left edges of tortilla over filling toward centre.
- Fold bottom edge of tortilla toward centre and gently roll until tortilla is completely wrapped and forms a roll.
- Slice in half diagonally and serve.
- Or wrap individually and refrigerate up to 3 hours.