Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got this out of a quick cooking magazine, but I want to modify it for OMAC. The original was to mix spices and store them with the elbow noodles and a can of tomatoes, to add to browned hamburger later. I want to make a whole bunch of it and freeze it for later. I'll write a review after I've done it so we'll know if it worked or not*grin* I'll also add a prep time.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup dried onion flakes (or 1 large onion)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- If using raw onion, sauté in skillet, add beef. Drain fat.
- Add spices and tomatoes.
- Cook noodles till almost tender drain.
- Mix beef mixture and noodles.
- For OMAC.
- USE MORE STUFF!
- This is enough for 1 dinner for 4-6.
DH thought we were having goulash again,I had a "recipe"talk w/ him ;)
I have made this many times before-it is quick, inexpensive and tastes great! I highly recommend this recipe for a satisfying weeknight meal!