Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Healthy blend of delicious whole grains.
- 1⁄4 cup barley (whole, dry)
- 1⁄4 cup brown rice (dry)
- 1⁄4 cup dried whole corn
- 1⁄4 cup millet (whole, dry)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups water
- Mix all ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat and cover and simmer for 40 minutes or until all water is absorbed.
- Serve with a healthy fish or legume curry.
I know one thing for sure, this can NOT be done in a rice cooker. The grains were fine, buy the whole dried corn did not cook. I keep whole dried corn for grinding into cornmeal. I cannot imagine it ever cooking in the amount of time it takes to cook the other grains. Unless there is something missing (regarding the corn) this is not worth making again.