carrie sheridan's Note:
Michelle says that Barack loves this -
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove shells from shrimp and place them in hot chicken broth.
- 2Devein and clean shrimp.
- 3Thinly slice garlic [in this dish, the more garlic, the better].
- 4Cook pasta according to the directions on the box. Drain and set aside.
- 5Note that it is important NOT to overcook the pasta!
- 6In a large frying pan, heat the 1 T of olive oil on high heat. Saute the sliced garlic until it begins to brown slightly.
- 7Add the shrimp and cook until they just begin to turn pink. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Add the sliced sun-dried tomatoes and cook over medium heat for a minute.
- 9Add the linguine and stir until the whole mixture is thoroughly blended.
- 10Strain chicken broth to remove shells and slowly add some to the noodles and shrimp to remove any browned stuff stuck to the bottom of the pan.
- 11Remove the pan from the heat and let the dish stand for a few minutes to blend the flavors.
- 12Sprinkle the sliced basil on top before serving.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dinner for President Obama: Michelle's Shrimp With Linguine
Serving Size: 1 (469 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 718.6
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 214.8 mg
- Sodium 1496.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 101.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 43.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh basil leaves