Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Michelle says that Barack loves this -
Make and share this Dinner for President Obama: Michelle's Shrimp With Linguine recipe from Food.com.
- Remove shells from shrimp and place them in hot chicken broth.
- Devein and clean shrimp.
- Thinly slice garlic [in this dish, the more garlic, the better].
- Cook pasta according to the directions on the box. Drain and set aside.
- Note that it is important NOT to overcook the pasta!
- In a large frying pan, heat the 1 T of olive oil on high heat. Saute the sliced garlic until it begins to brown slightly.
- Add the shrimp and cook until they just begin to turn pink. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the sliced sun-dried tomatoes and cook over medium heat for a minute.
- Add the linguine and stir until the whole mixture is thoroughly blended.
- Strain chicken broth to remove shells and slowly add some to the noodles and shrimp to remove any browned stuff stuck to the bottom of the pan.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let the dish stand for a few minutes to blend the flavors.
- Sprinkle the sliced basil on top before serving.