Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is one of my "easy casserole" variations. The casserole mainly consists of chicken, broccoli and rice and can be served as a main dish. I've been told that my cooking would make any grandma proud. Hope you enjoy!
- 2 lbs chicken breasts
- 1 lb frozen chopped broccoli
- 3 cups cooked rice (1 cup uncooked becomes 3 cups cooked)
- 1 lb of grated cheddar cheese
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup, condensed
- 8 ounces sleeve Ritz crackers
- 2 eggs
- Prepare 1 cup of rice according to cooking directions and, if you like, let the broccoli thaw in the meantime. It doesn't need to thaw and I find it comes out greener and fresher if you leave it frozen.
- Begin cooking your chicken breasts. I use my Foreman grill but you can use a skillet or even bake it in the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Chop or pull the chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces and put them in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the broccoli, cooked rice, cheddar cheese, eggs, condensed soup, and a handful of Ritz cracker crumbs to the chicken and mix.
- Place mixture in a deep 9X13 casserole dish and bake at 350°F for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with remaining Ritz crackers, crushed.
- Bake an additional 5 minutes or until the crackers have slightly darkened.
This really makes alot you could easily cut it in half. It needs more spices it really didn't have much of a taste and was kind of dry. We will not be making this again.
A good casserole that really makes a lot! Find your biggest mixing bowl when you make this. You could half the recipe and still have leftovers. The Ritz crackers come in a 1 pound box with 4 sleeves, so I just used 1 sleeve. I adopted this chef for the *Spring PAC 2008* game