Recipe by srooc1
If you like making and eating bread you will love this one. Just do it! It is a sweet and savory bread. Not too difficult but it does need some tender care.
- 1 tablespoon dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water (HOT Water)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup polenta
- 5 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Put yeast, water and sugar in mixer bowl or bowl and let proof.
- Meanwhile put water and salt in saucepan, bring to boil, add polenta, bring to boil again stirring, remove from heat.
- Add flour,milk and brown sugar to yeast/water, add polenta, stir/mix/knead (You can do this by hand or with a dough hook) until it is soft as and a bit sticky.
- Cover with plastic, proof for 15 minutes.
- Form loaves/rolls, cover with towel and proof for 1/2 hour.
- Score loaves/rolls,egg wash and sprinkle with additional polenta.
- Bake at 350 until golden.