1/3 Photos of Ding Dong Cake
Country Cook in Oklahoma's Note:
My hubby loves Ding Dongs so when I saw this recipe in a church cookbook I had to try it. He loves it and it isn't complicated to make. The filling can also be used to make Twinkies. This recipe may easily be made in round layer cakes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) box Pillsbury Plus Devils Food cake mix
- 1Bake cake according to directions on box, using a 9x13-inch pan. After it cools, slice in half horizontally and set aside until filling is prepared.
- 2FILLING: Combine milk and flour. Cook until thick, then cool. Mix butter and shortening for 4 minutes. Add sugar and vanilla and mix 4 more minutes. Add flour mixture and beat 4 minutes more.
- 3Spread on bottom layer of cake and replace top layer of cake.
- 5Combine butter, vanilla, milk, cocoa and mix. Add powdered sugar until quite thick.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ding Dong Cake
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 415.2
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 26.2 mg
- Sodium 468.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 36.3 g
- Protein 3.2 g